Sunday, December 10, 2006

Project - R: Blank Screen / Unhandled Exception Error

Description

Processor: Mobile AMD Sempron 2800+
Memory: 256MB DDR SDRAM
OS: WinXP Pro SP2
Video: SMA(Sharing Memory Architecture) 16MB, AGP 4x, 3D Graphic Engine

1) Screen is Blank in Windowed / Full-Screen
2) I've tested all Resolutions (640x480, 800x600, 1024x768) my laptop supports, Graphic Qualities in Windowed Mode and produced no errors. I've tested the same Resolutions in Full-Screen, Graphic Qualites, and produced errors. If enough time is passed to unload the program from memory, it will not produce an error, but when I load the program immediately after it shuts down, it will produce this error. I've tested the same methods used on my laptop, on my Desktop Computer but could not produce the same results.

Desktop: AMD Duron 1.11GHz, 128 PC-133 SDRAM, WinXP Pro SP2, Voodoo3 3000 16MB

Steps to Reproduce

  1. Execute Application
  2. Select Video, Quality, Non-Windowed Mode
  3. Press ALT+F4
  4. Repeat immediately after application ends.

Actual Results

[3552] Unhandled Exception
Unhandled exception at 0x6901e405 in Project R.exe: 0xC0000005:
Access violation reading location 0x050469cc.
6901E405 mov eax,dword ptr [eax+0F4h]
6901E40B test eax,eax
6901E40D jne 6901E3FD
6901E40F xor al,al
6901E411 jmp 6901E422
eax = 84175064 // 0F4h = 244

Expected Results

The Program will close with an error message.

1 Comments:

Blogger Samantha Kalman said...

This is a Unity issue, I'll forward it to the Unity Devs. Good catch!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home